Saturday, June 27, 2009

Vintage Type



This vintage typewriter is up there with my best bargain finds of all time....  I talked the shop owner into giving it to me for $50 because of the crooked 'D' key - to this day I can't believe I pulled it off!  I often wonder what stories it has produced in its long life.  I hope so much that it was owned by someone wonderfully eccentric who smoked cigarettes through those funny, ornate cigarette holders and drank whiskey cocktails while tapping away into the wee hours of the morning...

4 comments:

Kellie Collis said...

Bargain... I am going to take you negotiating at the markets and next time i buy a house! HA well done!! xx

Amanda said...

What a fantastic find - nothing can quite ever beat the charm and romanticism of a vintage piece.

Bree Oliver said...

Not only do I love the typewriter and covet it, but i love the photos you took of it!

em kaveney - elki design said...

Insanely jealous! Always keeping my eye out for a typewriter (even if it doesn't work!). It would be fabulous just to type 'thank you' cards, or place settings, menus for informal dinners....the list is endless. Thank you for the lovely images.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...