Sunday, February 21, 2010

End of an Era

I can't believe that Andre arrives from South Africa in less than a week... while waiting for my love to return from across the oceans, time has ticked by with unbearable slowness.  BUT this time next Sunday he will be happily ensconced in what was once my apartment.

 From next Saturday I will no longer be able to call this domain singularly mine - it will be ours.  A very exciting development and one that I'm absolutely ecstatic about........ but I do have to make some changes around here, including (I am very sad to report) the removal of the pink trunk coffee table (I think I'm suffering from separation anxiety already!).  

Our situation of co-habitation is perhaps fraught with difficulty from the outset... Firstly, we are both stubborn Taureans who are very set in our ways - essentially, we are a pair of materialistic control freaks who love nothing more than to dictate exactly what our home environment looks like, down to excruciating detail.  Secondly, we each have very distinct ideas about design which are not always aligned (what with Andre being an architect and me being a designer).  Thirdly, I have an aversion to excessive clutter that verges on a phobia while Andre is a bower bird of the worst kind (I found a box he left here that contained nothing but pens - hundreds of them - half of which didn't work).  

So I have taken a photographic wander throughout the apartment in the last gasps of its feminine regime.... while I'm looking forward to creating an entirely new home with pieces that Andre will bring with him combined with pieces we will purchase together, I must admit to being a little sad at the idea of saying goodbye to all the softness and prettiness that has surrounded me for so long now.  It has been such a delight and pleasure to live against a backdrop of calm girliness - it is perhaps the only truly wonderful upside of single life!

So stay tuned over the coming weeks while Andre and I attempt to let our love conquer the demons of decorating.... Dear God grant us strength and the very un-Taurean trait of compromise!
















photos by me

4 comments:

Bree Oliver said...

Ang you must be so excited, what a shame to see that trunk coffee table go though. You have to hold out and hang onto the white medicine cabinet with the red cross (my favorite piece).

Ange said...

Oh, I don't envy you! I am very fortunate in that my hubby lets me do whatever I want around the house. I hope it all goes well for you.
Angex

Anonymous said...

What are you doing with the trunk? Care to sell it?!

Malcolm said...

You have no idea what awaits you! Having to convince Andre that a box of 1950's long-playing records was not something he needed to take I am still convinced that they are not actually on a ship on their way to you at the moment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...