Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Please Can I Be 8 Again?

It should surprise you none that I had a ridiculously girly bedroom growing up, complete with pink walls, a brass bed and a careful arrangement of stuffed toys wearing hand-knitted outfits. At the age of about eight, I put forward a decorating proposal to my mother, selected two different pink paint colours (one for above the picture rail, and one for below) and set about transforming my room into a version of perfection that was a little bit Beatrix Potter and a whole lot Barbie. I clearly remember the first night I spent in my freshly painted room (slightly perturbed that the lamp light was making the walls appear apricot) and the feeling of wonder as I lay there looking around at the realisation of my dream... and so a love of decorating was born.

Here are some little girls rooms that make me wish I was right back in 1985, admiring the way my dusty pink walls complimented Barbie's all-in-one satin jumpsuit. Happy days x




decorpad

3 comments:

debra@dustjacket said...

Oh that is so funny, I can remember having pink satin draped in all directions and velvet etc

You have some seriously gorgeous pictures here, the decorating has certainly moved up multiple levels since my childhood bedroom days.
xoxo

Slices of Beauty... said...

Love these!
Pink walls, lovely.

Karyn said...

I love the story and these rooms are so pretty. When I was a little girl I dreamed of a bedroom painted purple that would smell like grape bubble gum all of the time!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...