Monday, May 23, 2011

A Chair Just for ME


I love to read.  More specifically, I love to read while curled up in an armchair.  A comfortable armchair with feather cushions and enough room for me to tuck my legs right up.  Do we own such an armchair?  NO.  What is the closest thing we have?  My husband's Eames chair (...it's black and masculine and thoroughly uncomfortable!).  I'd love to own this chair above - it would sit in the sunny corner of our bedroom where I could lounge to my heart's content... if only I had time for lounging... one day, perhaps when a certain little person no longer requires constant, round-the-clock surveilance, I will be found tucked up in my chair, fast asleep with a book open on my chest!

Image from here

5 comments:

Belle Inspirations said...

Love that chair and it's in my favourite colour, I am your newest follower, have a beautiful week xx

Just Martha said...

Lovely. I have a chair fetish and am trying to get a Barcelona to put somewhere.... It will happen for you

Kristyne said...

That is also an awesome "cuddle with the little and read stories" chair. :)

dorothy said...

oh yes, the chair looks really good! i love this, too, sitting in a chair, reading or knitting!
thanks for commenting, i am also planning a storybook about my little ones first year and one about myself. but with being a mama we have this time problem, right? and you are lucky with doing yoga once a week, i am still searching for a class, but i have one in mind. hope to manage it!
much love and happiness!
d.

StudioSuki@Fantabulous Design said...

That chair looks really comfy. It's look like someone hugging you while you sit there. My favorite spot is my daybed where I can stretch all day long with my books and day dreaming sometimes :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...