Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Exposed Beams


My husband and I don't always see eye to eye on architectural detailing... he often loves super 'architecty' things that make me turn up my little nose!  BUT we do share a love of exposed beams and rustic interior spaces.  If we ever build a house (an event more unlikely than I can tell you) then we would have a kitchen just like this one.

You know me, I'd be sorely tempted to paint that ceiling totally white but then you wouldn't see the beautiful contrast of the beams... the lime-washed finish combined with the skylight is a beautiful touch.

Anybody care to dream with me?

Image from here

6 comments:

Em from Faded White Linen said...

That is a massive kitchen- about the size of my next home! I'll dream with you, I can envisage us sat on the stools by the island bench pouring over the latest Country Style magazine, kiddies playing peacefully and being angelic... It's in our dreams hey! Love the light in that room xx

Laura said...

Hi angela, gorgeous kitchen!! I do try not to dream too much, but its difficult not to do so when there are so many inspiring places!
Laura x

Clare said...

Yes, me! I'll dream with you! What a beautiful space. I love the ceiling.

Alyssa said...

Wow, that's some kitchen! I agree with emma, it's enormous. Such a lovely image, thanks for sharing. Dream, dream, dream away :)

Kellie Collis said...

What a gorgeous kitchen! Loving those skylights! Have a wonderful day, Kellie xx

Amanda (Small Acorns) said...

Well Angela - my current ripped apart bombsite of a kitchen has exposed everything at the moment - the beams were finally revealed after 3 ceilings were uncovered. Sadly, we will have to cover them up again, but we have installed a skylight a little like that one, and it is (or will be) fabulous. I'll be dreaming about the rest of the kitchen for some time yet!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...