Friday, February 17, 2012

The Importance of a Comfortable Sofa


I offer people decorating advice on a daily basis - I tell them what colours to paint their walls - what tiles they should use in their bathroom - what fabric to cover their chairs - sometimes they listen, quite often they don't!  But the one piece of advice I almost shove down their throats with religious fervour, is to choose the most comfortable sofa they can possibly afford.  Looks are obviously a consideration too, but life is simply far too short to have a sofa that is all sharp edges and slim tailored perfection when your rear end is craving a fat, juicy feather cushion.

I have sat on sofas that could double as a rock formation.  I have literally bounced off sofas that have been so over-stuffed with cheap foam they look like they've had a trip to the plastic surgeon.  I have sunk deep into the recesses of poor construction like I'm being sucked into a bed of quicksand.  However you manage it (stop eating for a month - recycle teabags - wash your hair in laundry detergent) promise me, PROMISE ME, that you will save up and buy a beautiful, shloompy, squishy, divine sofa in a gorgeous fabric that calls your name every time you walk through the door!

Your bottom will thank me, of that I am sure x

5 comments:

Louise said...

Haha, brilliant! Good advice Angela x

Jane said...

Oh Gorgeous! Any tips? I'd gladly entertain them. Our navy Freedom Carnaby sofa is the sacrificial version on Planet Baby with the pixies about. One day we will upgrade! J x

Tania said...

Hilarious Angela! Yes tips would be good

Anonymous said...

I really like your blog:)Great pics and so much inspiration..I wish you a lovely week.
LOVE Maria at inredningsvis.se
(Sweden)

Faded Plains said...

I couldn't agree more!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...