Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Fabric Dreaming

Fabrics (L-R): Classic Ticking Natural, Astbury Chintz, Daishi Platinum - all from Unique Fabrics

I have been looking at these gorgeous fabrics on my inspiration board for weeks, imagining them made up into oversized cushions - I can't decide whether they'd look best on a cream sofa or a dark charcoal sofa... what do you think?  

I'm such a stripes girl... I'd quite like a feature chair upholstered in the Daishi fabric (far right ) for our living room - such a shame my husband's black Eames chair takes current pride of place (we have a 'creative conflict' over the Eames - I'm a big fan of it, just in someone else's home!).

5 comments:

Helen Crawford said...

I vote for charcoal. I think those colours would work well on a dark background.

Helen x

Robynne's Nest said...

Hi Angela, thanks for stopping by my blog...I need to get busy today as I've been a bit slack with posts lately. Love your blog...we have similar taste in old/vintage bits...I was in London yesterday and visited Cloth House in Soho...before I move back to Australia I will be buying up a storm in there...might actually do a post on it today. Love your story about the old cutlery...your Mum is a dear...but I know what it's like...people don't 'get' that we would prefer the old stuff. I bought some old knives at a big market and the bloke said not to put them in the dishwasher...I said 'of course not' and he said that many people won't buy them for that reason!! Needless to say I'm collecting like mad whilst I'm here amongst so much great old stuff!! Robx

Lari Washburn said...

Hello there! Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog! I love your swatches here. I understand about the design differences between husbands and wives. My husband provides the practical anchor for our decorating schemes!

Faded Plains said...

Gorgeous swatches of fabric...love the stripes too.

Gigi Thibodeau said...

Oh, I'm a stripes girl, too! Love them. I love the idea of cushions in these fabrics on a dark charcoal sofa.

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such a lovely comment. It's a treat to visit you here, too. I think you and I have a lot in common when it comes to color and taste! Looking forward to coming back for more visits. xo Gigi

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...