Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Just My Type


My vintage typewriter sits on a shelf in the kitchen for all the world to see (...because where else in the house would you keep a typewriter?!) but rarely moves except on the odd occasion when I decide to clean it... a job that I will gladly give to Leo as punishment one of these days when he's old enough!  I see it so often as I walk in and out of the kitchen, that I have almost forgotten how much I adore it.  

So I have decided that today is 'Appreciate Your Forgotten Favourite Possessions Day' and I encourage you all to unearth your treasured keepsakes, hold them, stroke them and recapture the joy you felt when you first bought them home.

x


P.S.  My apologies for the bombardment of my own photos lately but I have excruciatingly slow internet this week and can't browse the web for yummy content :(

Photos by me

8 comments:

Emma said...

Well my typewriter is not new Ang, well not new to me anyway. I bought it on ebay last week and have been looking at it adoringly ever since. I'd wanted one for awhile for a prop and to type a few things, plus we're going to use it as a guest book for 'words of wisdom' for our upcoming wedding. I should do a post about it, I think you've inspired me!

Nat said...

I want that one!!! :)

Laura said...

Hi Angela, I bet that must be extremely difficult to clean!! I remember getting a typewriter as a little girl and not appreciating it at all, to think that now it would surely be a treasure for someone!
Laura x

Spearmint Baby said...

i recently purchased a vintage typewriter (not as vintage as your's) and it is my new OBSESSION!
here is a pic:
http://www.spearmintbaby.com/2011/01/typewriter.html

xo, shari

Sandrine said...

Oh it is divine!They are quite rare items those days, lucky you:)

Jane said...

What an intriguing find, Ang. You have such an eye for hunting out such fabulousness. J x

Kristyne said...

You are so funny!

Kerry said...

Please don't apologise for your own photos...I love them! Bombard away :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...